Spread More Kindness
Kindness comes to life when we give of ourselves and our time to be of help to others, without expecting anything in return. When you show kindness to somebody you bring out the best in yourself, and you feel happier in the moment yourself.
Here are a few Random Acts of Kindness that could make a difference on Kindness Day, November 13:
- Smile when you see someone — go the extra mile with a friendly greeting or wave
- Write positive messages on post-it notes and leave them for people to find
- Provide help or offer assistance to another without being asked
- Hold the door open for someone
- Give a compliment, hug, or small unexpected gift
- Tell a nurse, loved one, teacher, mentor or friend how much you appreciate them
- Give a surprise gift to someone you care about
- Paint rocks with uplifting messages and pictures and place them in the local community for others to find
- Volunteer to help others with small tasks or errands
- Listen without judgment and refrain from criticizing.